“Don't be afraid of how you feel....!”|
—Greta kissing Forster.
Greta was a Gremlin spawned as part of the new batch in 1990. She drank a female serum, making her appearance more feminine. She appeared harmless, but her affinity for some men was quite troublesome. She was also the sole surviving Gremlin after all of her fellow Gremlins were killed.
Greta often brutally attacked other Gremlins when they tried to get a hit on her. She portrayed herself as being lovestruck for Clamp Center employee Forster, and clinging on to him and forcibly kissing him repeatedly, leaving smooch marks all over his face. Later she appeared in a dress during the Gremlin musical number in the building's lobby. She then reappeared at the very end of the film in a wedding dress, apparently preparing to marry Forster in one of the Clamp Center bathrooms. She was the only Gremlin shown to have survived.
Forster was initially disgusted by Greta, but by the end of the film he gave in to her advances and shrugged in defeat.
- A deleted scene depicting George and Greta's meeting exists. George shoves a grapefruit in Greta's mouth, causing Greta to spit it out and slap George across the face (with accompanying bongo sound effects). This is included as an additional scene amongst the special features on the film's DVD release.
- She appears in the Gremlins 2 game for the Game Boy and she's a boss in Stripe vs. Gizmo.
- She may be the incarnation of the Deagle Gremlin.
- Greta's loosely based on the legendary actress named Greta Garbo (1905-1990).
- She is one of the only characters introduced in Gremlins 2: The New Batch to have a Funko Pop vinyl figure.
- She could have already been female when she drank the syrum, and it's effects only made her appear more feminine than other gremlins. Since there are two female mogwai there is no reason for that not to be the case.
- Main article: Greta/Gallery