“Don't be afraid of how you feel....!”|
—Greta kissing Forster.
Greta spawns at Clamp Center in 1990. She appeared harmless, but her affinity for some men's quite troublesome. Greta portrayed to be in love with Forster, and she has a bit of a dislike for George. She's also the sole surviving gremlin after all of its fellow gremlins are killed.
Greta often brutally attacked other gremlins when they tried to get a hit on her. She portrayed herself as being lovestruck for Clamp Center employee Forster, and clinging on to him and forcibly kissing him repeatedly, leaving smooch marks all over his face. Later she appeared in a dress during the gremlin musical number in the building's lobby. Then she reappears at the very end of the film in a wedding dress, apparently preparing to marry Forster in one of the Clamp Center bathrooms. She's the only gremlin shown to have survived.
Forster is initially disgusted by Greta, but by the end of the film when Greta's in her wedding dress and throws him a bouquet of flowers, he gives in to her advances, and he shrugged in defeat.
- A deleted scene depicting George and Greta's meeting exists. George shoves an grapefruit in Greta's mouth, causing Greta to spit it out and slap George across the face (with accompanying bongo sound effects). This's included as an additional scene amongst the special features on the film's DVD release.
- She appears in the Gremlins 2 game for the Game Boy and she's a boss in Stripe vs. Gizmo.
- She may be the incarnation of the Deagle Gremlin.
- Her survival might create the story for Gremlins 3.
- Greta's loosely based on the legendary actress named Greta Garbo (1905-1990).
- Well, she's not to be confused with a same name of the character from "Dragon Tales" (1999-2005) episode "Let's Dance".
- Main article: Greta/Gallery