"Peltzer, is this..."
Mohawk was violent, savage, and recognizable by the large and razor sharp fish-like spines protruding from his back, as well as otherwise looking much more sinister than the other Gremlins in the film. Mohawk was a bully towards Gizmo, zapping him with electrical wires, making continuous copies of him with a photocopier, putting Velcro strips on Gizmo then ripping them off, and hitting him with a toy train.
"Gizmo, Caca!" - Mohawk as a Mogwai
Mohawk was the third Mogwai to be spawned by Gizmo, with the first and second being George and Lenny. Mohawk, unlike most other Mogwai, had black and white fur, with a white Mohawk on top of his head, yellow-red eyes, sharp teeth, and large ears that were curved outward like a bat's wings. When he was spawned from Gizmo, he landed in a nearby trashcan and was the last of the Mogwai to unfold himself. He began to wander around after crawling out of the trashcan until he stopped at Gizmo. He then ripped off a band that was on Gizmo's arm. He and two other Mogwai, George and Lenny, locked Gizmo in an air vent, and were later seen on an elevator with Mohawk underneath George and Lenny.
Mohawk and the other Mogwai went to an ice cream shop in the Clamp Center, and proceeded to cause trouble. Since he and the other Mogwai ate at the ice cream shop after midnight, he was seen in his Gremlin cocoon with George and Lenny later.
After spending time in his cocoon, he used his lion fish-like fin to carve his way out of his cocoon. Later his arm appeared tapping Gizmo on the shoulder and grabbing him to beat him up.
Mohawk attacked one of Forster's technicians, and he punched him in the face. Soon he jumped on top of the computer system, and he made a growling-like sound. Billy took a large flashlight which caused Mohawk to retreat from the room, and make a pig-like squealing noise while he was escaping. Later he was seen throughout the film torturing Gizmo, by making continuous copies of him with a photocopier, ripping his fur off with Velcro (which were on sale according to the sign that was next to them), and finally with a toy train and tying him to the track; and hoping to ram him over.
Mohawk appeared in the Splice O' Life laboratory in the Clamp Center, where he tried to shoot Billy with a Uzi machine gun, while hundreds of other gremlins were running amuck. His first attempt to kill Billy failed. However, he escaped with a beaker full of blue liquid with a spider labeled on it.
Mohawk drank the spider DNA serum in a hallway, which resulted in the lower half of his body becoming spider-like. He used the lower part of his body to spin a web in a corridor of the building, which he trapped several of his victims in, One of these victims was Mara Bloodstone, and Billy's girlfriend Kate arrived to help her. However, Mohawk appeared before she had time, and he started to head towards them. Before he could kill Marla and Kate, Gizmo showed up with a makeshift bow and arrow which he lit on fire and launched at Mohawk, setting him on fire and killing him once and for all.
Behind the scenes
- Like with Stripe, he was voiced by Frank Welker.
- NECA has made several figures of Mohawk, one with the spider serum and another with an Uzi.
- According to the commentary of the DVD to the second movie, at the first attempt of shooting the scene of the spider gremlin, the flames burned the puppet far too quickly because there was too much rubber on it.
- The puppet designer Rick Baker added the fish like spines on his Gremlin form because he wanted to make the Gremlins more reptilian.
- Apparently, in an older version of the script, it was originally George that was supposed to torture Gizmo, not Mohawk.
- Mohawk never got wet throughout the film.
- Mohawk is the only mutant gremlin to be spawned from Gizmo. Meanwhile, the other mutant gremlins were spawned by either George, Lenny, Daffy, or others.
- He could've recognized Billy, because he tried to shoot him.
- Mohawk is the last Mutant Gremlin created in the movie.
- Mohawk is the only one of the first four Gremlins of The New Batch whose name isn't based on a character of fiction.
- NECA Cult Classics wave 1 Mohawk action figure with lab table and spider serum beaker.
- NECA Gremlins 2010 Mohawk gremlin action figure with spider serum beaker.
- NECA Gremlins Mogwai series 1 Mohawk Mogwai action figure.
- NECA Gremlins life size Mohawk gremlin statue replica.
- NECA plush Mohawk Mogwai.
- Jun Planning ultra-detail Mohawk Mogwai figure.
- Jun Planning plush Mohawk Mogwai.
- Jun Planning Mohawk gremlin figurine released with Greta and the Brain Gremlin.
- Main article: Mohawk/Gallery